Monday, July 13, 2009

In a Black Mood

So, I've started reading "Woman in Black", and am actually half-way through. Wish I could stop the real life interruptions sometimes, because I'd be through with the story by now. Ah, well, such is life.

I do enjoy the book when I have time to pick it up. In fact, last night I read some of it to my kids. Yep, that's right, it's a traditional ghost story, and so far as I've read, it's not anything I wouldn't let my children read. It is a bit scary, but not so much about killing and such as trying to reconcile what is seen by what is not seen.

I have the movie (it's amazing what you find on Amazon and Ebay these days), and I intend to watch it. I'm very sure it won't be nearly as good as the book itself. But then, that tends to be true for most. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised just this once by the screen version, but I'm not holding my breath.

Well, I'm back to writing, and then a little bit of reading. I'm anxious to get back to the book and see how our poor hero fairs in the haunted Eel Marsh House.

No comments: