Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Plugging Along

I am actually still reading this book. Seriously, no kidding, I'm reading Villette. In fact, I rechecked (is that a word?) this book out from the library so I could finish it. My reading has slowed considerably, what with life getting its hands all over my day, but I do still try to find an hour to stick my nose in the story when I can. My fingers are crossed that I'll have this done by this weekend.

Right now what I'm enjoying about the book is how it feels like a sort of strange ride. Some of it you can guess before it happens, and yet it reads as if it were totally organic. Of course this would happen; of course that would happen. It makes sense, and isn't at all a boring or shocking occurrence when things fall into certain places. It feels very much like a life journey, where the heroine (Lucy, which is an excellent name in my very humble opinion) slowly evolves, and finds herself becoming different, while at the same time still holding onto the core of herself.

It's a very interesting book, and with about 1/4 of it left to go, I'm very excited to see where this long, curving road of Lucy's goes. Bronte definitely did a great things with this story.

No comments: