Friday, April 17, 2009

In Case You Haven't Noticed

I added a new "work in progress" over on the left. This is a story that I've been playing around with for over a year now, and I think it has some wonderful potential. I've done the research (blah!) that's necessary, and I believe I have a decent grasp on life in 1906. I even managed to find a map for San Fran from that time. Yay internet!

As far as my book reading goes...it's so slow. I want to get into An Old Fashioned Girl, but every time I sit down, I get maybe five minutes of reading done before real life interrupts. What I'm hoping is that after this weekend, once all the big family celebrations are out of the way, life will settle in a little more comfortably and I'll have an hour (ah, blessed me time) to actually read and absorb what's been written. The little that I've read reads smoothly, just like her other works. The characters are more three dimensional, though it seems like you have to read a bit more into the book to find that extra layer than you did with Little Women. However, I want to give the book a real, honest chance. Therefore, after this weekend, mommy is locking herself in her room for an hour a day to read. Period. No interruptions unless it's a natural and/or national emergency/disaster. Like a zombie attack.

No comments: