Wednesday, May 6, 2009

How Much Book Could a Bookworm Worm...

Go ahead and call me crazy. No, seriously, get it out of the way. Because if you've noticed in the left hand sidebar, I am currently reading three books at once. Yep, three. Now how in the world does sane little me get herself all tied up in reading three books (along with writing two books, homeschooling two children, running a household, and generally living)? I'll tell you how. The library.

The children and I went to the library, as has become our custom, this week. Since they hadn't gotten the books we'd asked for (my son ordered a couple, too), I assumed (yeah, yeah, laugh it up) that they wouldn't have the books for me that day, either. So, being me, and since I wanted another of my books to read, I headed over to the "B" section. I found, much to my delight, a gently loved copy of "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall". Yes! I was excited. I trundled up to the counter (trundled because I was helping my children with their eight books) and handed the nice, smiling librarian our cards. And guess what? The sentences I never thought I'd hear came out of her mouth. "Oh, it looks like we have some books on hold for you. They're in the back. Let me go get them for you."

Joy! Rapture! Panic! Both of them had come in. So now I had three books, not too terribly thick but still slightly daunting, staring me in the face. I guess I'm braver than I anticipated, because not only did I check them out, I checked them out with a smile and an enthusiastic thank you.

Now I have to get my nose into my books. I figured I can trade out through the day, so I don't get too bogged down in one. I'm reading "Anne of Green Gables" to my youngest in the mornings, then in the afternoons I have either Bronte or Alcott to choose from. In the evenings, I read whichever one strikes my fancy. It's sort of decadent, really. But hey, at least it's not as bad a decadence as the chocolate cream pie I've been craving.

Let the reading continue!

No comments: